Sending value of parameter from HMI back to PLC tag

tworst

I have a graphic that has a display selector drop down object. The selector object allows the operator to select from one of 16 shifts. When selection is made, the object loads the same display it is currently on, but loads a different parameter file with the display. The first parameter in the list, #1, represents the shift that was selected, and then I can populate various indicators on the graphic with information from the selected shift, and all this works well.

But what I need to do now, is to somehow use the value currently residing in #1 (1 -16) to set a tag in the PLC. The PLC needs to know what shift the operator selected. The tag in the PLC is DSS. So I need to do something like:

[PLC]DSS = #1

The display object has no provision to do this and I have not yet found a way to do it.

Anybody do something like this before?

Also, it would seem to me that however this is done, it would have to happen after the graphic is loaded along with its associated parameter file. Otherwise, it would likely send the wrong value of #1 to DSS.

HMI = FactoryTalk View ME?

Use the activeX control MacroTen
That will let you use #parameters in an expression AND write to tag.

For the Enable property just use 1 (no tag). When the display first loads it will run the activeX.

Thanks, I will look that up.

Factory Talk ME 8.0 and Logix5000 is what I am using.

I hope it will load the graphic with its associated parameter file before executing the macro. The value of the parameter #1 needs to be set before the macro operates on it.

Last edited: