RSLogix 5000 file saving

plcstu1980

Hi, i'm having trouble saving a project (.ACD) with a number a the front. It says it is an invalid file name, but i've saved my files previously with numbers at the front. Anyone know what the issue is here?

Thanks, Stu

Rockwell say:
Failed to save project in RSLogix 5000 753-80042029
493386 | Date Created: 06/05/2012 | Last Updated: 07/03/2015

RSLogix 5000 reports error 753-80042029 during attempting to "save" or "save as" ACD file

Answer

Go to File -> Save as
Change project name and project type to L5K
Hit Save
Close project
Open the L5K file and import project
Save ACD file

also....

Project name is invalid.

RSLogix 5000 software uses IEC-1131 Name Standard. It covers the following requirements:

minimum of six characters (Logix Designer application supports a minimum of 1 character)
starting with an underscore “_” or an alpha character (A-Z)
followed by one or more characters consisting of an underscore “_”, alpha character (A-Z) or a number (0-9)
spaces can not be used

Last edited:
Rockwell say:
Failed to save project in RSLogix 5000 753-80042029
493386 | Date Created: 06/05/2012 | Last Updated: 07/03/2015

RSLogix 5000 reports error 753-80042029 during attempting to "save" or "save as" ACD file

Answer

Go to File -> Save as
Change project name and project type to L5K
Hit Save
Close project
Open the L5K file and import project
Save ACD file

also....

Project name is invalid.

RSLogix 5000 software uses IEC-1131 Name Standard. It covers the following requirements:

minimum of six characters (Logix Designer application supports a minimum of 1 character)
starting with an underscore “_” or an alpha character (A-Z)
followed by one or more characters consisting of an underscore “_”, alpha character (A-Z) or a number (0-9)
spaces can not be used
Thank you very much (y) need to remember myself about the error codes, so i can ask next time. Will also help a few other people i know (y) Update: it seems its the project name is invalid, so even importing the project still needs a save as name. So will have to rename the project at the end to company naming convention. But at least i can let people know whats up

Last edited:
I remember having this issue, i believe you can name a file that begins with a number BUT you cannot create it that way.

e.g. Create a new project & save as new project. Find your new project.acd file and rename to 2016Customerx.acd

Ash

I remember having this issue, i believe you can name a file that begins with a number BUT you cannot create it that way.

e.g. Create a new project & save as new project. Find your new project.acd file and rename to 2016Customerx.acd

Ash
Hi, exact same problem here. People know about at work, but no one told me :confused: