Upload from OP27 and convert?

russg

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to convert an uploaded OP27 file to use in a newer Siemens HMI?

My understanding is that you can only upload a runtime file which does not allow any editing. If it is possible, what is the best method?

Thanks

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiNh5fupdLMAhVp9IMKHWzpB9IQFggqMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plcs.net%2Fdownloads%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddownloadfile%26filename%3DHow_to_upload_migrate_from_OPx5_OPx7.pdf%26directory%3DSiemens&usg=AFQjCNHMq6rnXDY_GzYInprcjBb7jDNa5Q&bvm=bv.121658157,d.amc

Upload OP7, OP17 and OP27:
Upload possible with Prosave.
Notice that the uploaded file is an image that can only be downloaded to an exactly similar panel.
The file cannot be edited in Protool.

Migrate OP25, OP7, OP17, OP27:
You can convert the panel to a similar newer panel (i.e. OP25 – OP270-6). You need the Protool project file, and
you use the Convert function in Protool.
If you need to migrate to a later generation panel (i.e. OP7 - OP77B or OP27 - OP277), then you must open the
Protool project file in WinCC Flexible and change the device type to the newer panel.
Notice that when you migrate to a Windows CE based panel, there will be a number of details that cannot be
converted automatically. Count on that you must manually tidy up a bit.

Information from the above link.
Regards,

That thread you referred to mentions a .pdb file. This is an offline Protool file which you *must* have in order to do a conversion. You cannot upload a project file from the OP 27. A Prosave backup is only good enough to restore into another OP 27.

Better start searching your software archives for your project, or contact the original machine manufacturer.