Siemens PLC to Siemens PLC communication

timryder

I am ashamed to admit it......
I've never done a job before that has communication from one Siemens PLC to another over ProfiBus. I'll be using Step 7 5.4 and I have yet to choose my stations PLC but I'm thinking it'll be a 312/314 processor or similar.

Can anyone give me an overall synapses of how it works? I can tell you that I will be receiving data from the main cell's PLC which I will be using during processing and the general handshaking of the machine status will be passed back and forth over ProfiBus as well. So I'm guessing that i'll have to setup some local range of registers which will be used for reading and writing to but if anyone has a bit more i'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Similar Topics

i have two plc 1. s7-1212dc/dc/dc ip; 192.168.0.1 2. s7-1500 1513-1pn ip; 192.168.3.2 i need to get data from plc1 to plc2. any idea how to do...
Replies
Views
Good morning fellow sea captains and wizards, I am being asked to do the above and obtain 4 values from each slave, I know about the MRX and MWX...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I have to take an upload of a program on an S71200 PLC to change a hardware config option and then redownload the program with this...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I want to establish profinet communication between siemens plc and my system using python programming. Which python lib can i use to...
Replies
Views
When you download a DB, the values get overwritten by what is in the "actual" column in offline DB. Does this happen at the start of the PLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom