speed control with plc

zaidisaab

Hi
I want to know full details about how can we control on motor speed through PLC.please give detailed answers step by step I have microgix 1000 ab

1. Read the VFD Manual
2. Read the ML 1000 Manuals
3. Connect an Analog Output from the PLC
4. to an Analog Input of the VFD
5. Adjust the VFD parameters
6. Turn the Power on.

You are now an Automation GURU!

There may be other ways but I don't know which VFD you have or if you may have a "Comm bus" connection.

Last edited:
No offense but its hard to give "detailed answers step by step" with such a simple question.

I would start by reading the manual on the drive that's connected to the motor you are trying to control the speed of and that should give you a direction on the different ways that you can control the speed.

Step 1: put micrologix 1000 back behind door of control room to act as door stop as it has no analog outputs.

Step 2: Purchase micrologix 1100 + Analog output card.

Step 3: connect PLC wiring according to manual for PLC and VFD.

Step 4: using RSlogix 500, program up PLC with whatever logic is going to control the drive speed.

Step 5: You are now automation expert. Consider stopping for a beer and a moment of quiet contemplation on how amazing the world of PLCs is.

Depending on what model ML1000 you have, you do have Analogue, IN/OUT.
Now you can ramp up the output of PLC to the VSD input, set drive to 400HZ or higher and sit there with case of beer and watch the motor, untill it self destructs