PanelView OPC

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all!

Quick question.

I have duplicated a PanelView project. The HMI communicates to a Siemens PLC so I am using KEP OPC.

For now I have copied the OPC setup.

If I change the OPC name, from Triumph to something else, all my tags will be wrong. Is there a way to change all my tags at once? It is only the base (Channel1.Triumph) that would be changed.

It is not a big issue, but I would like to use the correct name, in case I get connection issues pop up in the screen.

Capture.PNG

In this case, I think the ordinary Search and Replace feature will work.

Find: "Channel1.Triumph"

Replace With: "Channel1.Victory"

You aren't actually changing any Tag names, just part of the text string in object Connection fields.

Find and Replace should be in the top level toolbar, or use the top level menus to select Tools -> Replace.

You don't have to have the Displays or the Tag Database open to use the Find or Replace features. The filtering to limit them to specific displays is weak, but you can do some "Find Next" searching if you only want to do part of the project or a specific display.

Do a Find All first so you can see all the places that your "Channel1.Triumph" path segment is used.