Reading FactoryTalk user in VBA

phuz

Is there a way to access the currently logged in user in VBA?

I am writing to an excel file upon triggers, and the customer wants the logged in user to be included in this data write.

I have a string object on the graphic (lets call it currentuser) and I can't reference currentuser.Value in the VBA like I can with other numeric objects, unfortunately.

Assuming you're using FTView SE VBA, Application.CurrentUserName will return the current user name.

Similar Topics

Hi guys! I want to read a tag name of hmi tag to create a generic alarm message. Do you know if it's possible to do? I'm using factorytalk view...
Replies
Views
I have a FactoryTalk SE project where I would like to read a CompactLogix string array (up to 2000) and then transfer this data to an Excel...
Replies
Views
I am fairly new to Controllogix and have been thrown into the deep end in a Project. I am trying to read my digital input tags from the plc...
Replies
Views
Hello! (I'm Using FactoryTalk View SE 8) I'm stuck in a project, I need to read the last n-data from a datalog, In order to make a customizable...
Replies
Views
How are data log files read from an external flash card? Once data is written to a flash card, how does one get it into something useful like an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom