CCW and Micro 820

dginbuffalo

Hello all- Is there a way to use a timer enabled bit in CCW? When i try to use a contact and reference say TIMER.IN, it causes an error when I build the program. I was looking to find out when the timer is enabled but it looks like the only work around might be if I say the ET is greater than zero.

timer issue.jpg

I don't think there is. The only sub-elements you can use from TON_1 are the output (.Q) and the rising edge of the input (.REDGE).

Evaluating the elapsed time <> 0 would be an easy workaround to read.

Another workaround would be to replace the TON with an program-scope BOOL tag, then put that tag in an XIC with the TON on a separate rung.

Coming from the A-B operating systems and syntax, using PLCOpen or ISAGraf is always an exercise in modifying your thinking to fit the toolset.

I don't think there is. The only sub-elements you can use from TON_1 are the output (.Q) and the rising edge of the input (.REDGE).

Evaluating the elapsed time <> 0 would be an easy workaround to read.

Another workaround would be to replace the TON with an program-scope BOOL tag, then put that tag in an XIC with the TON on a separate rung.

Coming from the A-B operating systems and syntax, using PLCOpen or ISAGraf is always an exercise in modifying your thinking to fit the toolset.

10-4. Thanks Ken. Wish I hadn't wrote all the code first-lol!!!

If you are looking for a Timer Timing bit like the one used in RsLogix I have a way to do that.

I am traveling so I can't do a screen print. So I will try and talk you through it.
1. Put a branch around the timer.
2. On that branch put a XIO your_timer_name.Q and a OTE your_timer_name_TT.

So if the rung conditions befor the timer are true and the timer is not done your_timer_name_TT is true.

If you are looking for a Timer Timing bit like the one used in RsLogix I have a way to do that.

I am traveling so I can't do a screen print. So I will try and talk you through it.
1. Put a branch around the timer.
2. On that branch put a XIO your_timer_name.Q and a OTE your_timer_name_TT.

So if the rung conditions befor the timer are true and the timer is not done your_timer_name_TT is true.

Actually looking for timer enabled timer.en

Good solution for a timer.tt though. I need a few of those instances too!