AOI Examine in false

maxfli11

Can anyone give me an example of this? Our cccp143 instructor touched on it briefly, but did not go into it much. I need to make one that will scan an unscanned routine on execution so I can make some previously true outputs false again.

In general I use the EnableInFalse routine of an AOI to clear output coils/tags used in the normal Logic routine when I design the block to be called conditionally. Like for example within a rung, whith logic in front of the AOI call.

The EnableInFalse routine consists then mostly out of OTU and CLR instructions. I tend to keep my AOI's small so it remains understandable.

Think of it this way.....

The basic Timer On-Delay instruction (TON) begins to time when it goes true. When it goes false it resets back to zero. If you use a Retentive Timer On-Delay (RTO) it does not reset when it goes false.

So the TON must have logic that executes only when it goes false telling it to reset the accumulated (ACC) value and turn off all of the status bits (EN/DN/TT).

The RTO must also have logic that executes when it goes false too. What happens when the RTO goes false? The EN and the TT turns off. But the DN does not, and the ACC does not get reset.

Nothing happens without logic telling it to occur. These functions of the timers aren't anything we have access to see, but they MUST be there for them to act the way they do. So if you are building your own instruction it is easy to focus on what you want to happen when it goes true. But you also need to tell it exactly what you want it to do when it goes false.

OG

I get the way it works. I'm just not clear on the tags list. It created an input tag and an output tag when created, but do I bring in the ones I want to use or alias these to the ones I need to manipulate?

That would have been helpful to know before I went through the explanation on how it works. I guess I was misled by your "AOI Examine in false" subject and the "Can anyone give me an example of this?" question.

So on your third post we learn that "I'm just not clear on the tags list". Imagine what the fifth post will unravel!

Sorry to be snarky, but a subject like AOIs is pretty big. Better questions yield better results.

Anything you supply to the instruction is considered an input. Any result from the instruction is considered an output. So going back to my timer example from earlier, a timer will have a preset. You supply the value for the preset so it is considered an input. The accumulated value is generated by the action of the instruction so it is considered an output.

So yes, you probably would want to connect your tags. to the AOI. We can't see your AOI though so we are completely guessing at what you are seeing.

OG