PanelMate 1500 Serial Transfer Baud Rate

aufisherman

Happy Friday everyone,

Disclamer: This is my first experience with a PanelMate

In the User Guide for the PanelMate the screen shot shows that when you place the unit into serial transfer mode the screen shows one instance of the baud rate, e.g. "Baud = 9600", which indicates what the baud rate you should use to communicate to port 1 of the panel mate should be.

Of course when I placed the customer unit into serial transfer mode there were two baud rates shown. It showed "Baud = 38400" and below that "Baud = 9600".

My question is why are there two baud rates listed and which corresponds to the baud rate I should be using to communicate from PC to PanelMate.

Cannot find any documentation that explains this further.

Thank you for your time,

Ryan

PanelMate Serial Transfer Mode.jpg

The answer is in the last paragraph on the page. The unit defaults to 9600 baud. The transfer utility in the Panel Mate configuration software can change it to a different speed.

I'm surprised to hear that there are any Panel Mate 1500s still in service.