PanelView PLUS

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello again!

I am having loads of fun with one of my projects here and I got some minor issues.

I have a PanelView Plus 1000 HMI connected to Siemens S7. Works great, couple of small issues:

1. Trending does not seem to start automatically. I have set the corresponding data log to start on reboot, is there anything I should do? Do I need memory card?
  2. Can I scale a pen in a trend? For example I have my PV and SP from 0..10, but want to show my LMN (0..100) in that same plot frame?
  3. Alarm window. Is it possible to clear all inactive alarms? And acknowledge all alarms at once?
Thanks!

There is only one Data Log Model in a PV+ project. All the tags you want to be logged for use in a Trend object need to be in that Data Log Model or your Trends will be live-data only.

FactoryTalk trends should always be saved in the onboard memory; if you configure them to use an SD card or USB memory, they can fail silently when the device is removed and will not restart until reboot.

Make a display with the FactoryTalk Diagnostic display object on it and look at that once you boot up. If there are failures related to the data log model, evidence might show up there.

As far as I know, you cannot have multiple Y-axis scales on a single Trend object. If the Y-axis span is 10 units, you can't have another pen whose Y-axis span is 100 units.

Thanks Ken!

I don't get to play with this too much and things are not always very intuitive.

I will check it out! I appreciate the detailed answer.

You might look at the Trend Properties under the Y-Axis tab and check the Isolated Graphing tick box.

This would put each tag/pen into its own space on the trend. So the pens won't overlap anymore but they can have their own visible min/max settings.

As for the alarms, there is an ACK_ALL option.

OG

Can I scale a pen in a trend? For example I have my PV and SP from 0..10, but want to show my LMN (0..100) in that same plot frame?

As what Ken said, AFAIK you cannot have different Y pen scales in the same plot frame, but you can make the Y axis minimum & maximum values adjustable by assigning a tag to the Y axis min/max values...

In the example below, I am using a parameter file, as the same trend page can be used many times over

trend.jpg

Question 3. Alarms.

No, you cannot clear inactive Alarms. You can only acknowledge alarms.
Use the acknowledge all alarms button (objects>advanced>alarms). Then, your Alarm display should be setup to only show unacknowledged alarms.

You will have to use different Alarm List or Alarm Status List objects.
Ex. Alarm display 1 shows only active * unacknowledged alarms
Alarm display 2 shows in-active alarms.