counting pulse flowmeter

nasermehraban

HELLO
I have' a flow meter that continuously passes the milk and milk passage of which is shown on the display. So far, I have no problem, but I want to calculate the amount of flow passing through a period in the past and show on display
Is it possible the flow versus time graph on the display event? And then using the above graph in a specified time interval to calculate the amount of milk has been passed?
my pls is s7 siemens
best regards

Last edited:
Hello,

I want to calculate the amount of flow passing through a period in the past and show on display
See if the flow meter has an inbuilt totaliser, if not create one. Use a counter or simple x = x+1 every time you receive a pulse from the flow meter.

Points to consider...
  • Figure out when it is product, so you only count product
  • Figure out when you want to reset your totaliser

Is it possible the flow versus time graph on the display event? And then using the above graph in a specified time interval to calculate the amount of milk has been passed?

As for these questions you will need to provide more detail,
Flow meter type/brand, also what display?

Ash

is the time of day always going to be the same?

You may need to write code to log a count and datestamp and then reset the count every day so each day you will get a datestamp and a count. This could be stored into a DB with say 100 days of data and you could increment the pointer each day or simply push the data down a row each day and fill from the top