Help with small Uni project in STL

nemosis

Hi everyone. I'm new to PLC's and STL and i have a uni project i could use some help with. Here it goes:

There is a sensor where every time it counts to 5, a LED/output opens up for 3 secs, and then the counter resets, in order to do the whole thing over and over again.

I know it might sound really basic, but i've found very little documentation and none was provided from the teacher. Any help is appreciated :)
Here is the ladder execution of the program :
y9yrwfzo1

When you mention STL I presume you are talking about a Siemens PLC. Why you would do this simple task in STL is beyond me as LAD or FBD would be easier to read.

First I detect the rising edge of the input with FP.
Then every time the a flank is detected increment a integer by 1.
Once the counter has reached 5 use SFB5(TP) or a timer(T) to set the output high for 3 seconds.

Depending on when you want to reset the counter do it when it reaches 5 or when the output is no longer high.

STL cheatsheet http://www.plcdev.com/s7_library_functions
S7 functions http://www.plcdev.com/files/plcdev/STL-cheat-sheet-by-category.pdf

Note: is this really a uni project? then insert quote "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"