GX-Developer set Head address

faisal rasool

Hi Everone,
i use the Mitsubishi plc software GX-Developer v8.I want to know how we set head address of any number.
For Example i set head address of D1 is [S1]
D20 is [D]
thanks.

Hi Everone,
i use the Mitsubishi plc software GX-Developer v8.I want to know how we set head address of any number.
For Example i set head address of D1 is [S1]
D20 is [D]
thanks.

I think the lack of answers may be as your question is hard to understand, what do you mean by head address, can you explain a bit more about your problem ?

Hi tragically,
i want to set clock in FX-1S 20MT Mitsubishi plc.when i read the clock
D8013 to D8019 Data register.It show exact date and time but when i set the clock TWR D8013 to D8019 data register.in manual mention the set the clock data register with head register .
---M34 -------------------------
---| |----------------------TWR D20
Below this it is a page of manual FX-series
[FONT=&quot]5.14.6 TWR (FNC 167)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Contents:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The 7 data devices specified with the head[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]address S are used to set a new current value of[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the real time clock.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The seven devices[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Points to note:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This instruction removes the need to use M8015 during real time clock setting. When setting[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the time it is a good idea to set the source data to a time a number of minutes ahead and then[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]drive the instruction when the real time reaches this value.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mnemonic Function[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Operands[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Program steps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TWR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FNC 167[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Time[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Write)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sets the real time[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]clock to the value[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]stored in a group[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of registers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T, C, D[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note: 7 consecutive devices are used.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TWR, TWRP:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 steps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Device Meaning Values Device Meaning[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+0 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Year 00-99 [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8018 Year[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+1 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Month 01-12 [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8017 Month[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Date 01-31 [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8016 Date[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+3 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hours 00-23 [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8015 Hours[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+4 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Minutes 00-59 [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8014 Minutes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+5 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Seconds 00-59 [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8013 Seconds[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+6 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Day 0-6 (Sun-Sat) [/FONT]_ [FONT=&quot]D8019 Day[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How i write the instruction of clock set
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I think you are getting a little confused,
The TWR instruction sets the real time clock and uses 7 data words to do it. The RTC resides in data registers D8013 through to D8019, so to set these values you need to place the new values to want to be set in 7 data words of your choice and use these in the TWR instruction.
The example in the manual uses Datawords D0 through to D6 [TWR D0], so when it is executed it will write D0 to D6 into D8013 to D8019.

I Hope this is clear.

Steve

Hi nehpets,
i agree with you but when you write in D0 to D6 [TWR D0] and change the data it could not written in D8013-D8019 and do not change the date time.if you have Example please give me.thanks