Thermsistors in water

What????

Well, yes if the leads are insulated so the electrical connections do not come in contact with the water. The body of the thermistor is often coated with a waterproof substance or can be bought that way. I do not know of any reason that you can not use a thermistor to measure water temps.

Usually a thermowell - essentially a water proof tube - is used to prevent direct contact between the water and the sensing element. These are standard items that can be obtained from most temperature sensing suppliers.

Similar Topics

Hi, I am working on automating an industrial fabric shrinkage tester to replace its outdated electronics with a PLC. To get the tank's water level...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have an application in which i need to read the water level in a 1 1/2" diameter tube that is 24 in. tall. the sensor will be mounted...
Replies
Views
Is it good idea to use ultrasonic clamp type of flowmeter for water dosing? I already using the flowmeter pulse output by setting to 10L per...
Replies
Views
I have an issue where I have a DP transmitter on a horz tank reading liquid level. Due to odd and unforeseen circumstances the tank filled to the...
Replies
Views
The Scadametrics people have a module that interfaces water meters to PLC protocols. It's called an Ethermeter. It can count pulses and has some...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom