SLC 505 EEM trouble

G13N J L

Hi all im trying to write an EEM Explicit Message instruction in an SLC 505 to communicate with a AB powerflex 525. This instruction requires RSLogix500 version 7.10 or higher for programming, and SLC 5/05 Series C FRN 10 or higher and im using Logix500 version 8.30.00 (CPR 9) and using an SLC 505 1747 L552/C firm ver.13

So in theory i should be able to wright an EEM but when i edit a rung online or offline im greeted with a pop up window stating EEM instruction is not supported in the current processor type!

if you guys could shed some light on this id be very greatful

Make sure you have the correct processor type selected under controllers properties.

See picture.

processortype.png

Similar Topics

Hello all. I have a few SLCs in my plant and of late we've seen a weird issue: The system will be running normally and then randomly the outputs...
Replies
Views
Hello, I inherited a control system one of my predecessors thought it was a good idea to put logic for cant optimization and Kinetix motion...
Replies
Views
Probably a silly question and asked a hundred times already, but i tried to do some searching here and couldn't find this question. I have 502's...
Replies
Views
I'm a mega noobie when it comes to PLCs and the such. I'm a network guy. We are currently experiencing an issue where the SLC immediately faults...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I hope your all safe and well , I have a question regarding a slc 505 on ethernet is it possible to add a ethernet remote I/O module...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom