Optimizing PanelView Plus DH+ Communications

sanger

We've recently upgraded a PV1000G panel to a PV Plus 1250 and converted the tags from PLC-5 style N7:0/0 type addresses to ControlLogix N7[0].0 type tags. The DH+ communications to the ControlLogix is now overloaded and periodically locking up. I am looking at how to optimize the communications. Moving to Ethernet is the long term solution but can't do that right now,

We have a lot of single bit alarm tags defined in the PV.

My questions is if we have a lot of alarm tags defined like this (this is a simplified version of our actual setup):
PV_AlarmTag0: Address: N7[0].0
PV_AlarmTag1: Address: N7[0].1
PV_AlarmTag2: Address: N7[0].2
PV_AlarmTag15: Address: N7[0].15

And PV_AlarmTag0 through 15 are configured as multiple alarm triggers in the PV will the communications optimize this to send the N7[0] register once or will the PV request every PV_AlarmTag# bit at a separate tag. I know that we can change to a single alarm trigger for the whole word and use bit level alarms but that will be a big job to change so I don't want to spend the effort unless I know there would be a benefit in the communications overhead.

So, the PV1000G was talking to the same ControlLogix on DH+ and the only change was moving to a PV Plus 1250?
What version of firmware are you running on the PV Plus 1250?

Just to be sure, terminating resistors?
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4290

If you think it is the alarms causing the problem, try disabling them from the startup settings in FTView Studio ME; create and download the new project.