expension rack for omron c200he

ajay34

hello all

i would like to seek some advice and also some guide for my problem as below .

1st.. lately i been having problem with 1 plc (cimon) which it is new world to me
even amlmost all brand plc is same .i seem cant get the com cable work which using rs 232 on pc and rj11 at plc..it always seem get much headache and non stop fire from management.more biggest headache i cant get local support.

to make my life easy ..i m think to change this PLC to omron plc .by just add expension rack .currently it have 1 rack as c/w cpu..and 1 rack set as output rack .

my doubt are is it possiable to add expension rack no 2 and add input unit that should be ID216 and OD215 in same rack new rack ..it coz i need input and output as well .and what type of back plane i need to add

hai guys..
i m abit confuse hopely get some guide to clear it ...

question 1 ..can i use this model backplane to add as extension rack no 2 whereby will be install with power supply 4 input (ID216) which will set from chn 0~3 as input
and chn5~7 as (OD215)..

backplane model =omron C200HW-BI101-V1

You can add the expansion rack, but the limit on the number of 'Specialty Cards' is limited to 10 for the CPU. The ID216 and OD215 are high density cards (More than 16 bits are required for the card to operate.)
Standard cards (Max 16 point Input/Output Cards ) can be added to the expansion rack. The addressing will be channels 0 - 9 for the first rack, 10-19 for the second rack and finally 20-29 for the third rack.
Hope this helps,

please do correct me if i m wrong ...

does this mean by add rack number 2 and i can place ID216 and OD215 in same rack ..
but not exceed 9 i/o unit which start from 0~9..

again for asking some question ..currently it operating with where there is cpu (omron c200he mounted and all is input OD216 (0~9) that this from 10 to 90..and output rack with OD215 (0~7) where have 2 empty slot..if i can mount OD216 at same rack OD215 it show error ? due to this i like to extend to 2nd racj and mount OD215 and OD216 whereby need 3 OD216 and 3 OD215..