Counting tags

notfet

I have a Productivity 2000 PAC and based on my program I have created 60 alarm tags. Storing them one by one as a string and indexed them to alarm1,2,3 etc... I only want to display 10 at a time on the HMI but depending on what is happening there may be more than that so what I need to do is count the tags that are made, I will copy them in groups of 10 and display them as groups. But how do you count N.O. contacts? Since they will appear in random order I can't branch off each one and call them a number. In series or parallel the end result would only be one. Any ideas?

I am not sure if this is a solution but it might work if anyone has a better idea I would like to hear your thoughts. My idea would be, within each CPD instruction I could assign 2 variables one would assign each alarm an increasing number ex alarm1 = 1 alarm 2 = 2etc... the next variable would add each true statement by 1. That way I could know the total number of alarms and compare them to display 10 per page the tricky part would be how to compare the lowest numbers to assign each message window until 10 is reached. so again any better ideas would be appreciated

Can the moderators delete this thread? The edit button is off and I found a better way to ask my question