A-B CCW Timer Logic

motosman1

I still have to preface this with "I am a newbie". Fumbling my way through ladder logic in Micro820 using CCW software. I need to send a 24vdc signal to a water softener control valve, and hold that signal for one minute before removing it. Not sure if I need a one-shot (which will be a Pulse Rising Edge Coil in CCW, from my understanding) with timer or a Set Coil/Reset Coil. I've been looking for some sample rungs but no CCW samples seem to elude me. Thanks!

I am not very familiar with CCW, but have done extensive work with RSLogix Ladder Logic. I would recommended using a timer. In RSLogix you could use the .TT bit from a timer with a Preset time of 1-minute. Looks like the CCW timers do not have the .TT bit but you could accomplish something similar with some pretty basic logic. Here's a video on using TON timers in CCW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFdo8vmZ7Yk&index=30&list=PLoZeeIwna8C1JCEbQ9Z9zAXOmmLetgtMn

Also, if you have further questions on PLC programming in RSLogix or Ladder Logic check out my recent blog post on A-B Ladder Logic programming: http://www.myplctraining.com/beginners-plc-overview-part-4-of-4-plc-ladder-logic/

The attached shows how to create a TT bit. The last line says CYCLE_TIMER_DN but it should read CYCLE_TIMER_TT.

CCW TIMER EXAMPLE.jpg

The timer's in CCW operate a little different then RSLogix, but you would still probably want to use a timer.

So, is this going to be everytime a start(bit) becomes true the control valve will be energized for 1 minute?

I think something like this might be what you are looking for.

Timer.jpg