Problem detecting s7-1200 cpu in tia portal

Massimo79m

Good morning, i bought a 1215 cpu (dc-dc-dc) with 4.1 firmware.
Tia 10.5 sees it, but can't use it, cause it's not in hardware compatibility list.

So downloaded V13.1 sp1 trial, but, although my cpu is in the compatibility list, it's not seen with automatic detection.

i downloaded s7-1200tool, it sees my cpu, can blink the leds, can change ip address, but i can't do a factory reset (it tells "error, check the cable and the cpu is on".

i changed ip address with one for the subnet, but v13 can't see it. but i can ping the cpu.

i would to know if it is a problem of the cpu (he tells me that the cpu was brand new), or the sw.

the 10.5 sees it, the s7tool sees it, the v13 no. i think it's a problem of software.

i installed v13 both on my notebook with 64bit windows 10, and on my server with 64bit windows 7.

i would to understand a thing: from TIA when i try to find the cpu on the lan, in the list of "pg interface type" the only one that works on my lan card is PN/IE. it scan the net, but don't find. i tryed all the other options, but don't work.
If i go on "settings/path of default online access", i can find "ethernet", "file", "http". but in the scan windows, there are no "ethernet", or "file", or "http".

what is the right interface? how can i use it?

i also downloaded V12, but it crashes very often.

TIA is not supported on Win10 yet, you would be better off running V13 SP1 in a Win7 virtual machine. You will save money, time and sanity even after paying for the upgrade.

also V10.5 is FUBAR, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. V11 is pretty unstable. V12 is the oldest TIA portal version I would use in a production environment, and only then with a large markup on the normal hourly rate.

We ALWAYS upgrade TIA Portal. If I do a bug fix on code in an older version, it will be done in the latest update of TIA. No options, customers get the choice to live with the bug or upgrade. Early TIA versions have significant issues.

i'm updated do upd8 in a win7 server.
it crashes and freezes, and don't detect the cpu.
i'm an hobbist and i can wait, but i don't understand why you that use tia in production environment don't hang the balls of your siemens's retailer.

Try making a new project and following this video step by step.

After you can open the TIA portal program twice and copy the blocks over from your first program to you new program.