HMI timer control

khewes

Hello Everyone,

I am currently tasked with designing an HMI integrated with an Allen Bradley micrologix 1000 that will test lights. These lights will be activated by the push of a utton on the HMI, and remain on for a designated amount of time. I just developed the testing ladder logic and integrated it with the HMI when my mentor told me that the user must be able to control the time of which the timer is set on the HMI. I am using AdvancedHMI and RSLogix Micro Starter lite. I do not know how to attack this problem given my components in Visual Studio. In my ladder logic I use a TOF.

Can this be done with my current setup? If not are there any suggestions for different timers or should I possibly use Factorytalk View instead of Advanced HMI?

I tried that but it will not let me use an integer as my preset, it wants a number. I used an add operation but its very ugly, and one can only choose between 1 and 10 though i could add more, it would just make it much uglier

I had to go in to RSL 500 and try it. I use Automation Direct a lot and with theirs, you can assign a data register (same as integer in AB) as the preset.