OT: Bulkhead USB Fittings/Cables

deanfran

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for some time. I've talked to a couple different salespeople, and done more web searching than I'd like to admit, but haven't been able to find a good solution. Here's what I'm dealing with.
I have a data logger module mounted inside a panel, that has a USB-B Female port. I need to run from it to a PC outside the panel to collect data daily. Back in the early days of this project, we just had a 12 foot long USB A-B cable, and the operators would leave the panel door open. This of course was a terrible solution, so I purchased a bunch of
Panel Mount Fittings
These have worked for a while, but they aren't very robust, and all it takes is for someone to pull a little hard on the cable going to the PC, and presto, broken fitting. I'm looking for something with some decent strain relief, and maybe a dust cap. The only ones I have been able to find that meet these criteria require that you basically make your own. You get all the parts, and have to do all the soldering etc. So has anybody invented this wheel already?
http://www.newark.com/l-com/upmab-0...=81605889141&gclid=CJmVrM2s88wCFZVahgodq3sLjQ

Put an industrial PC inside the cabinet and hook it up over ethernet.

No need to hook and unhook any cables and data collection can be done remotely or automatically.