Need Help with Controllogix work cell, need a very seasoned vet

My company has a workcell that has 1756-l61 plc , controllogix with multiple communications running, Ethernet, controlnet, devicenet, dh-rio, sercos network, I need to squeeze 2 seconds of cycle time out of it. I was thinking upgrading comms to Ethernet, maybe 1756-l72 ( PLC is at ~80%memory now ) and ofcourse programming tweaks.......I cannot find anyone that is seasoned enough to take this on. The program is very complicated, I had Rockwell out and looked at it, and haven't heard back, so I am casting out a 'net' to see if I can find an absolute professional at controllogix that wants to take this on. And sorry if this is in the wrong forum đź“š

If someone can either toss some names out, or message me, that would be great.

Thanks.

You need 2 seconds out of your process or you need 2 seconds out of your network (which I can't believe is the case). I think you need someone to do a study on your process to see what improvements are needed / can be achieved. I wouldn't change out the networks for the sake of changing them.

Now for your PLC scan time, I would look at the new L80s and their performance, if you are worried about scan. But again as above, I believe you are more concerned with your process?

Lastly this forum is not for advertising, but rather giving you advice or help on specific issues. 🍻

The problem, as you may realized, is that you need to pay someone just to diagnose the problem and that someone may or may not be able to achieve the result you are after.

My advice is to find a integrator with good rep and do a do-not-exceed PO for the investigating part of the job.

Of course, you can always try here but you need much better description of the issue you are facing.

Thanks for the replies,
Yes 2 seconds out of the process, upgrading the comms should help was my thought plus other improvement. Yes I know I need someone to come out and suggest the improvements, PO is not the problem, finding someone to take this on...is.

Thanks again.

'Workcell' makes me think you need 2 seconds of cycle time in your process.

If that's the case, you probably have lower hanging (and cheaper) fruit than reconfiguring your comms. Maybe if there is critical time spent waiting on the DH/RIO data will you see an improvement, but likely not 2 seconds.

Feel free to PM me if you like.