FactoryTalk View 8 on Mac Parallels

shalle

Rockwell Software PLC communication driver,RSLInx Enterprise, does not communicate when running windows 7, 64 with Parallels 11.2.0 on a macbook pro mid 2015 running Yosimite 10.10.5. Other OPC software does not work either. Wondering if others have gotten RSLinx Enterprise to work with this or similar setup. Grasping for straws and suspect dot Net which is used by RSLinx Enterprise and the other OPC program which does not work either. RSLinx Classic works great and I can download using Factorytalk View Machine Edition to a HMI, but not run a debug window from FT View nor run FT View ME.

Need more information. Will the applications in question even launch?

FT View ME which is the stand alone app that allows the PC to run .mer files does not communicate. All tags come up broken. Same thing if I run a test from FT View Development environment, the tags come up broken (ie questionmarks where the tags are). A little side note that bootcamp will not work either. Perhaps all these software applications utilize a common component that is not working in my VM

So, yes, the application launches - just does not talk.

Hence I am pretty sure it's a Linx Enterprise issue. As to the Bootcamp, that may use the same communication protocol as Enterprise but I'm only speculating.

Assume that you are also using a macbook pro. My last macbook pro (2009) ran bootcamp and all these things, FT View ME and Bootcamp, worked just fine.