Password

Parchasr

I have a Omron Sysmac C28K and would like to know if there is a default password or a way to default the machine to a default password.

thanx

Welcome to the forum.

Please explain your situation in more detail.

If you are asking how to bypass or break passwords, it is against forum rules to discuss the topic.

I haven't used Omron in years and your request is vague.

regards,
james

I want to verify that the original program, which I have a printed copy of is intact. This is due to complaints about the operation of the machine and certain functions not working as they should. I have double checked all the input and output points and can not find a reason for the glitching. So I bought a programmer so I can look at the program. In looking at the instructions, I have discovered that I need a password to look at the program!

This goes back a ways. I don't remember a specific password could be set for those. Try this:

Press CLR -> MONTR, then CLR to clear the display.

Parchasr,

Two things come to my mind.

#1. I have written several Omron programs without passwords and every now and then you are prompted for a password when connecting the programmer. its 3keystrokes and I no longer have my manuals that tell me what they are. This is the password they are requesting. I will look for them (I have moved).

I would call your local Omron rep and explain to them what is going on (and I mean in great detail ) so that they will let you have the information.

#2. the program is indeed password protected in which case, I am unable to help. you can call your Omron rep and see what they can do. I know I had to sign my life away when I worked with allen Bradley.

regards,
james