CANOpen-PN availability or alternative

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

My boss tasked me with finding either a CANOpen-PN, or an alternative gateway that will talk CANOpen to Profinet. I've found several, but none with listed prices or availability.

I'd rather not fill out a bunch of sales info requests if I don't have to, so I'd like to know what you guys recommend.

At this point, availability is probably more important than price, but I'd like to know both cost and how long it will take to get one. And I'm assuming that it is going to be used here in North America.

Thanks!,

John

Hi Rootboy,

Mind you that I am bias...as I work for HMS...
If you are using a S71200, then go for the CM CANopen, as it is an inrack solution.
Any other controller, use the IXXAT CME/PN, easy to configure and low latency.

for price and delivery call our us office.

//Me
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Hi Rootboy,

Mind you that I am bias...as I work for HMS...
If you are using a S71200, then go for the CM CANopen, as it is an inrack solution.
Any other controller, use the IXXAT CME/PN, easy to configure and low latency.

I'm not sure how/what/where it's being used, I got the request to try to find one while I was driving down to Mississippi. We're trying to help out a customer, so we would probably never even use the device. :)

for price and delivery call our us office.

Sigh, exactly what I was trying to avoid. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help though, I'll pass it on. :)