Mitsu FX3U Encode instruction

pacak

Hi!

I am fighting with this instruction inside a GX Developer project.
It does not work and I get an "Operation error" message (err. code 6706).

Looks like this:

-----/M8000/------------------[ENCO M310 D40 K7]

What could be wrong?
I've tried also with K1, same result.
I'm new to Mitsubishi so please bear with me. Thanks!

The instruction works fine at least with the FX range.
The instruction as you've programmed will look at the status of the bits M310 to M317 and write the most significant bit position that is active to D40 (ie - if M311 is on then it will write 1 to D40, if M310 is on and M312 is on then it will ignore M310 and write 2 to D40)if M315 is on then it would write 5 to D40.

I hope this helps,

Steve

Hi!

Thanks for the answer!
After a couple of program downloads it works right now (if there is a bit set in the M range, there is a non-zero value in D40). Before that D40 had 0 in it.
However, I still have the error message (see attachment)

According to the documentation, if I use a bit device as a source, then the instruction can monitor 2^n M devices (in my case 2^7=128, so M310-M438).

FX3U encode.jpg

You are right, it would be 2^7 bits which would give 128 bits, so actually it would be M310 to M437 not M438

As for the error message I have no idea, I don't get any error, which processor are you using?

Steve