[How To]FactoryTalk View SE Windows 10 Upgrade

sym_man

I've had 2 HMI computers automatically update to Windows 10 without my consent. It's actually pretty easy to get them working again. I'm currently using version 8.10 so this might not work for other versions.

1). Uninstall FactoryTalk Services Platform
2). Reinstall FactoryTalk Services Platform using the same installer that you used to install FactoryTalk View

And that's it. I haven't run into any other problems. I hope this helps somebody else.

sym_man said:
...I haven't run into any other problems...

That's good to hear.

sym_man said:
...It's actually pretty easy to get them working again...

Can you recall what wasn't working?
What error messages did you receive, if any?

Just so you are aware...

FactoryTalk View SE v8.10, or the latest v8.20, are not officially supported under Windows 10. They are officially supported up as far as Windows 8 only. This does not mean that they will not work under Windows 10; just that Rockwell will not support any problems experienced while using this Operating System.

It is possible that they will, eventually, be officially supported, but this is usually based on the results of user testing and feedback.

FTVSE_v8.x_Windows_10.bmp

Regards,
George

The FactoryTalk directories get wiped out, so the project won't start. When I opened up Factorytalk Administration Console, I didn't have the option to select "Network" or "Local".

I didn't even have to reconfigure the paths or change any other settings. Just a reinstall of the services platform put things back in their place.

Thanks for that!

The addition of the symptoms to the solution helps complete the picture. Now users who are searching with the same symptoms stand a much greater chance of finding your solution.

So let's sit back now and see how many days, weeks, months or years pass us by before someone finds this thread and gives you a big thank you!

Regards,
George