I need charitative help about RSLinx

moakdi

I'm just preparing a training about Allen Bradley, with a CPU .. I have all the software I need, with licence, but to make this training more interesting, i wanted to connect thought OPC an application of VB. To do it, it is not enough with RSLinx Lite, and I would need another version as "professional" or "OEM". It is not any industrial application, it is just a training, and the files are not really big ... soooo could someone help me !!!

Greetings moakdi, and welcome to the forum ...

are you an instructor ... or a student? ...

IF (and you didn't say for sure) this training is to be provided through an accredited school, then you should contact your local Allen-Bradley distributor ... there are a few "paperwork" hoops to jump through but once you've done that, you can usually legally buy MOST Rockwell/Allen-Bradley software for a very small fraction of what it normally sells for ...

There is a time-limited version of KEPserver available, which supports OPC and has some AB communication drivers. You can get it from KEP.com.

Incidentally, Rockwell repackages a stripped-down version of KEPServer. It has all of the AB protocols removed. I guess the idea is to allow OPC connections to other products (those lousy customers must have nagged them to death), but force you to still use RSLinx for Allen-Bradley equipment.

AK

Driver

I have just finished a DF1 driver which will be free of charge.
Not a demo that will expire after 30 days. Just a free driver!
It is a .NET framework component which you can use with Visual Studio.
I will be putting it on to TomanTron,Inc. web site hopefully in next few days.
You will not need RSLinx to communicate to the PLC. It works with
SLC500 and Micrologix.
It is not an OPC but it's a lot simpler to use than OPC!
I will post a message when it becomes available.
I believe that it will be the first free DF1 driver on the web. If you
search the web all you find are demo's with expiration date.
Is anybody else interested?

it should

It should work if you map ControlLogix files to SLC500 type
files. I have not tested it but would like it if you did.
In fact I would like to have some feed back from different applications to see that all is OK.