CMore 15" to 12" conversion

Bering C Sparky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Would anyone happen to know how to get a 15 inch CMore project into a 12 inch CMore HMI? (Both EA9)

I cant seem to get the screen from the 15 inch to scale down to the 12 inch.

I seen a hint to export/import on the AD website but so far no luck yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BCS

Well I figured out "A" way to get it done, if there is another way to make this happen during the Import / Export of the Library.....well I could not find it or figure it out.

But.... once you Import the Library from the original file, and then drag and drop it to your new project screen list, it will show up on your new screen (grid) window much too large. (This was the problem I was trying to solve)

Just Left click and hold, then highlight all items on the screen.
Then press "EDIT > Group > Group" you can now shrink your project horizontally and vertically until it fits your new smaller screen just fine.
Then press "EDIT > Group > Ungroup" and bingo you got er done.

So simple....I use group and ungroup all the time in LOGO, but did not catch it at first here in CMore.....Oh well live and learn.

Hopefully this will at least help someone else in future save a bit of time.

BCS

Just to update this for those searching in the future....Here is the reply I just got back from Automation Direct Tech support:

Here is the technical support response to your inquiry:
----------------------------
To change the screen size of a C-more project, you should go to Setup (in top menu bar of the software) and then click on Panel Manager.

When Panel Manager opens, you should see "Panel Type: EA9-T15CL" at the top center. Simply click on EA9-T15CL, and then select EA9-T12CL from the drop-down list. Now click on OK to close Panel Manager.

A pop-up will appear stating that the screen resolution has changed. It will allow you to select either "Display screens at original resolution" or "Adjust screens to selected panel resolution". You want to select "Adjust" and then click on OK.

The software will then auto adjust all of the objects on the screens, so that they now fit on an 800x600 resolution panel. Obviously, you will want to look at each screen and make sure that all of the objects look ok. You may find that some objects need to be manually adjusted, so that they look good.

Regards,