1769-ASCII stops working

rocksalt

I am having an issue where the 1769-ASCII module stops working. The module status is 0 so there are no faults when this occurs.
It is set up as 1769-MODULE generic module and there is no "module reset" in the properties. I have written an inhibit to the card and then after some time re-enabled it but this does not get it working again.
The only way I can get the card to work again is to cycle power to the module.

The module is used to send encoder position to a PC for a Fluoroscope process.
I don't know the frequency of failure but I am guessing it works for a week and stops.

How can I find the issue or detect the issue and reset it via the PLC?

Similar Topics

This is maddening. I'm developing a new application where a 1769-L32E with a 1769-ASCII module is communicating with a Tegam micro-ohmmeter...
Replies
Views
so, Micrologix 1500. 1769-ASCii module. Bringing data in over the Channel 0 serial port. Setup is attached below. As is a snippet of the code...
Replies
Views
I tried searching but either there aren't any answers out there for my Google-fu isn't up to snuff. My customer has a laptop with Labview set up...
Replies
Views
Working with a customer who wants to do some ASCII handshaking between the PLC (a 1769-L24ER) and Labview on a laptop. I can send data from the...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am looking for some help on this dreaded 1769-Ascii module. I have been doing a lot of digging on this module in the forum...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom