Citect to SCL DF1 Port (SLC 5/03)

jimtech67

I have 20 SLC 500 5/03s

I want to put them on a ethernet network to Citect.

I figure I will have to use use the the 1761-NET-ENI module
I prefer to use a 3rd party module(Data-Linc NET-620) or (Digi One IAP)

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

they are on a DH 485 network.

I have used the the NET-ENI modules in the past with little issue But they at end of life and pricey

Plus I am looking of info the ease (or not) of Configuring Citect to communicate the a SLC 500 DF1 port on ethernet

The channel 0 port on the SLC5/03, 04 & 05 can be configured as a DF1 full duplex port which is how you configure it when connecting to the NET-ENI and the Net620. With both of these you communicate to the Ethernet port as if it were a SLC5/05 or MicroLogix port. If Citect can connect directly to either one of those via EtherNet/IP TCP you should be able to communicate with it when connected to the SLC5/03. Having said that, my only experience with either one of those is with AB equipment only so there is a possibility that the Citect will have an issue not recognizing the processor. When you connect via RSLinx (using either bridge) the PLC still shows up as a MicroLogix or a SLC5/03, 04 because RSLinx recognizes the PLC even though it’s a non-Ethernet PLC on an Ethernet driver.

Yes Citect can communicate to a SLC over Ethernet to the DF1 port using a DigiOne, have done it many times previously. Just use the ABTCP500 driver in Citect.

andrewf... thanks

Do I have to run RSLINX as a bridge between Citect & the SLC or does Citect communicate directly to the SLC??