Time Base

Voltimus

I apologize early.

I'm sure this is a no-brainer, yet, I'm a little inexperienced still and I'm a tad sequestered from civilization to converse with some real know-how.

My Question: I'm running a timed sequence for some lighting on a PLC 5/40, I can't figure out how to change the time base for the timers from .1sec. to 1.0sec. I've read the manuals and the help files and I can't seem to find anything out. The logic is correct it just runs really fast!! Can anyone help? I'm sure it's something really easy.

Can you not just change the timer value first, look at value in preset, highlite while online, then enter new value? A change from .1 to 1.0 sec is a drastic change, 10x in fact, I would manipulate your preset time first and if still not suitable then consider changing time bases. Remember when changing timers on 0.1 sec time base, a value of "10" = "1 second"

Start rung edits for the timer in question then double click on the time base value in the timer instruction. This will open another box which will let you select the time base.

Doug's right. You can change the Preset and Accumulated values without going into rung edits, but to change the time base you must edit the rung.