OT: Just Thanks

bwhite

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ive been a member here for quite sometime and i think i never thanked this community. Phil, youre doing a wonderful job administrating this site and the mods do a wonderful job.

Im getting long in the tooth now but feel like im 35. Not as long in the industry as some of you guys but i grew up plc2 plc3 and 5. TopDoc was the programming i used along with Metra pixel based HMI. It was MMI then. Then 6200 and lordy jesus, ICOM came along.

Now its FB and ST programming that im starting to like,,,, especially Unity Pro. Still getting familiar with GE PME but im warming up to it. Sorry to step on anyone's feet but iFIX sux the bolloxs. Historian and Webspace? Forget it. I want my VTScada back. No, i dont work for vts. Just a very satisfied customer.

End of rant. Thanks guys.

wow...
To be 35 again.
Omron S6 was just coming out when I started in the industry. We were taught on the top of the line (At that time) AB PLC 2/30 complete with DH.
In my opinion it is so much easier to learn PLCs these days with the information available on the manufacturers websites. However all of the basics remain the same.