PanelView Plus 6, firmware update, FTP, VNC

dmned64

I just updated the firmware on a PanelView Plus 6 via a VPN connection. Prior to the update the FTP and VNC servers had been enabled. Now it appears those are not enabled and I do not have direct access to enable them. I can only access the PVP via the VPN connection.

Is there a way to remotely enable those servers/services? If I could just enable VNC then I could do everything else.

If you can't remotely access it, I'd say you or somebody else is going to have to be in front of the unit.

Side note: you're game to try flashing firmware over a VPN :unsure:

I ended up having someone go to the device and turn VNC and FTP back on. Incidentally, in addition to disabling these services the configuration for both was also reset to the defaults. I walked them through getting the VNC setup then I did the rest remotely.

RE: Flashing via VPN... I wanted to try this once on this application because I knew nothing was imminent so I had a bit of luxury if something went wrong.

PS: My ultimate goal in doing all this was to test the ViewPoint access to the PanelView. I had not yet done a project with configuring the PVP to be accessed via its inherent ViewPoint server. I have another project that I will use this feature so I wanted to run a small test to see how it looked. It worked just fine!

I have run into the same issue once before on a remote site.

Rockwell should have stripped these options out to a config file that could be sent to the unit via the application transfer tool.

I ended up having someone go to the device and turn VNC and FTP back on. Incidentally, in addition to disabling these services the configuration for both was also reset to the defaults. I walked them through getting the VNC setup then I did the rest remotely.

RE: Flashing via VPN... I wanted to try this once on this application because I knew nothing was imminent so I had a bit of luxury if something went wrong.

PS: My ultimate goal in doing all this was to test the ViewPoint access to the PanelView. I had not yet done a project with configuring the PVP to be accessed via its inherent ViewPoint server. I have another project that I will use this feature so I wanted to run a small test to see how it looked. It worked just fine!

I've used Viewpoint several times- I'm not a huge fan. It works with limitations of many functions "not being supported" and only 1 viewer at a time. Red Lion much easier... Radio button "enable web server", done...