MSG from plc 5 to a PLC 500

mcdillon86

Hi I need help with reading from a plc 5. I have a jam sequence that is in the PLC 5 but need it so be messaged to PLC 500. I am new the plc world and would like to save the company money by not having to run 400Ft of conduit and wire for a light if I can just use an empty output on the sick 500 by the area im needing to put a jam light. Any help or links to a description on this process is much appreciated.

I have attached a picture of the jam sequence that I wrote for an output as a test.

i had to write to the plc 500 from the plc 5. i was trying to read from the 5 but was unable to get it to work properly. But i had to scrap the logic because it affected another MG on the PLC5

To be picky its a "SLC500" and a "PLC5". Its also a good idea to tell us which SLC500 you have SLC5/01,02,03,04 or 05. Same for the PLC5 ( PLC5/10,11,12,15,20,25,30,40,60,80).

I always prefer to read not write, less overhead and I like the PLC to be in control not have another PLC writing to some data files.

But, whatever works is always better.

OK yes sorry, its a PLC5/80e and a SLC500/05, how would be the best way to have it read then?

Simply put the message instruction(s) in the PLC5 to read data from the SLC.

You said this did not work. We would have to see your programs to help determine why not.

If you can post the whole program(s) ( the ones that did not work) the PLC5's .RSP and the SLC's .RSS files and tell us what data you are trying to read, someone may be able to help.

Zip the files before you post (attach) here.

How are the PLC's connected. (comms between the two)

Well i finally got this to work, not sure why it kept deleting info from MG21:6 when i would verify my new rung with MG21:5 in it so i changed it to MG21:97 and so far no faults or issues with the system. I appreciate your help.