?i: Tag Referencing in WonderWare

gschneider

Hello all,

I am working on rebuilding a WW app into FTV ME and I've come upon a visibility animation where the expression looks like this:

?i:TAGNAME > 1

Does anyone know what the "?i:" means in the expression? there is also a "?M:TAGNAME" on a different animation. Can't seem to find anyone about it on good except this:

"You can use the wildcard characters (* and ?) in this parameter to copy just files matching a specified criteria. " via http://platforma.astor.com.pl/files/getfile/id/3887

Does that mean it's just referencing that specific tag? Because if that's the case I'm not sure why they would write the expression that way since other visibility animations just say "TAGNAME > 1"

Thanks in advance!!!!!

The tag is basically undefined. Sometimes when you bring things into an application the source information may not be complete in the destination. There is an option, IIRC it's "convert tags", something along those lines. InTouch will try to reconcile the source information to the local tag database. It will tag it's best guess at identifying the type of tag.
?i = Undefined integer.

You would need to confirm that the tag TAGNAME exists in your tag database, if it does just delete the prefix.

The tag is basically undefined. Sometimes when you bring things into an application the source information may not be complete in the destination. There is an option, IIRC it's "convert tags", something along those lines. InTouch will try to reconcile the source information to the local tag database. It will tag it's best guess at identifying the type of tag.
?i = Undefined integer.

You would need to confirm that the tag TAGNAME exists in your tag database, if it does just delete the prefix.

When I say I'm rebuilding in FTV ME, I mean that I'm looking at the WW app and physically creating all the objects in FTV and NOT using any form of conversion. I'm not sure if that changes your reply at all.

Regardless, it sounds like at some point WW was confused when referencing that tag, yes? So that would mean I should reference whatever tag is followed by "?i"

Thanks for the info. Am I way off or on target?

Doesn't really change the reply, it's more of an issue when you try and merge WW application files and such. Basically anything using the ?i reference doesn't work on your WW application, and could probably just be ignored in FTV ME.

However, you could be a hero if suddenly some features that didn't work in WW now suddenly work in your FTV ME application because knowing is half the battle.

The '?i:' (Indirect tag) '?d:' (Discrete tag) and '?m:' (Message tag) etc are all place holders for tags that occupy the animation filed, but have not been defined. If it was there in the original app it can be ignored. A lot of Symbol Factory object put that place marker there.

%R605 f

I have got a reference address in wonderware to look at the address in on of my PLCs as %r605 f

My question is, since the PLC address to the tag it is supposed to be referencing is %R00605, what does the f mean/do?

Using GE RX3i plc's and proficy machine edition with wonderware/intouch

I have got a reference address in wonderware to look at the address in on of my PLCs as %r605 f

My question is, since the PLC address to the tag it is supposed to be referencing is %R00605, what does the f mean/do?

Using GE RX3i plc's and proficy machine edition with wonderware/intouch

That's a special item name for a floating point word.