Dim x As Tag

nmurray

I have been looking on the internet for VBA examples and variable types, but I can't find anywhere that someone explains what a variable of the type "Tag" is.

Where variables are defined it has

Dim MyTag As Tag

I know you can declare integers and strings here but I can't find a reference to Tag anywhere in VBA datatypes.

It is used in multiple places in an HMI my company has, and I need to make some changes to.

Any useful information or a place to look would be helpful.

Check the VBA references (Tools > References in the VBA editor), it's probably a custom data type from the HMI software. You likely need to use something that has the software installed so you have the correct VBA add-ins.

@Christoff84

Thanks for the quick reply... I just checked there, there are 6 of the References Selected.

One of them is: RSView Display Client Object Model
I followed the location, didn't see anything there, however in that folder they had another folder named VBA so I opened that and I believe these are the files it is loading into the project that contain data types... however they are .kpr and .exd files notepad will not open, is there a way to open and view them in FTView Studio??? or am I on the wrong path entirely...

Scratch that.. you can see them in the Object Browser, under View in VBA Editor.

Thanks a ton for the help!!