Stacked Pushbuttons on PanelView

jrsnydley

Hey guys, I am developing a PanelView application in FactoryTalk View Studio. In this application, I have a GoTo Display button that opens an On Top display. This On Top display has a couple of pushbuttons to select which pump I want to use. Is it possible to stack a Close Display button underneath the Maintained Pushbuttons so that when I make a selection the display closes automatically? Or is there a better way to do this? Obviously I know I can just add a Close Display button to the display somewhere but I was hoping I could avoid that.

In FTView the touch does not "pass through" visible objects. No, you cannot stack the buttons and have both work.

The close button will also let you write a value to a tag. Maybe that would work.
Just replace all of your maintained buttons for the close button.

Another idea is to use the Macro button. You can assign a macro to write to many tags, and also have it linked with Global Connections. That could let you close the OnTop display that way.

arlenjacobs said:
The close button will also let you write a value to a tag. Maybe that would work.
Just replace all of your maintained buttons for the close button.

This is how I'd do it. Neatest way, and doesn't require you to create a bunch of macro files for each pump