PLC Faults During Download

rroze002

All,

I have ran into an issue where RSLinx drops out during a full download. The PLC is an 1769-L36ERM, version 20.3.

What are the potential issues causing this to happen?

Also, after faulting out on the full download, the only way to get the PLC back into operation is to do a complete reset (clear program memory) and download again.

The fact that it is possible to download successfully when the PLC memory is cleared tells me that this issues has something to do with the program running on the PLC.

Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.

Controller firmware 20.13, RSLinx driver is Ethernet/IP, Logix version 20.3 and Windows XP.

Last edited:
XP has to be Pro SP3 otherwise its "not supported". Try using the Ethernet driver instead of the Ethernet/IP driver, that has fixed some weirdness for me. Consider upgrading Logix to v20.04 though it shouldn't make a difference in this case.