Issue Upgrading to PME 9.0

LMBrian

This is an issue I experienced with GE and Proficy ME 9.0 that somebody may find useful in the future.

This was the error after I attempted an upload from the PLC.
Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end

I had just installed PME 9.0 as I was running 7.5. I have restored a project that was previously created with 7.5, successfully been able to connect to the PLC but I cannot upload. Here is the resolution provided by GE:

Essentially, there was a known issue where if you used 7.50 no sims or any sim up to sim4 to download to PLC. Then using a newer version like 8.00 or later would result in this error message on upload.

To fix this, you would need 7.50 sim5. Sim 5 doesn't mean it will fix the issue just by installing 7.50 sim5. You have to install the sim 5, download to controller again, then future uploads are fine. The other option is to clear controller , revert to last known backup copy of project and download to controller using the 9.00 release. Then uploads will be fine as your not uploading the 7.5x bug.