1785-L20E doesn't have ethernet capability

DaveW

D
Hello, I have a customer with an AB 1785-L20E CPU but when I tried to go online it shows itself as an enhanced CPU rather than an ethernet CPU. I even created a new project offline, selected the ethernet CPU and tried to download and it will still convert the program back to the enhanced CPU. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

This is really strange, never saw this.
Did you (or someone) try to upgrade firmware on this processor and put the wrong one?

Did you try a different version of the software? What are you using?
May be software is too old to recognize this processor?

Hello, I have a customer with an AB 1785-L20E CPU

Hate to ask a stupid question but does your customer have a 1785-L20/E
(with a slash before the E)?

Does it have an ethernet connector?

(8{)} ( .)

(Yosi)

If you dont know, this is how a PLC5/20 with ethernet looks like (From top to bottom):
Keysw.
Ch 2 (ethernet DSUB15)
Ch 0 (serial DSUB25)
Ch 1A Prog plug (DH+ 8-pin mini DIN)
Ch 1A (3 pin phoenix plug) Ch 1B (3 pin phoenix plug)

A regular enhanced PLC5/20 is the same except the missing Ch 2.

Yes, it a 5/20E with the D-shell connector and all. I've look at it online and it reports as an Enhanced 5/20 Series D Rev E.1. The back of the CPU says Series C Rev E so someone must have upgrade (downgrade) the firmware at some point. Is this easy to change back. Do I need to buy any additional hardware like PROM, etc?

This is most likely a problem:
You can't change series, FW upgrade for revision only.
If side panel said: ser "C" - it must have ser C fw installed.
Part number F1785L20ESERC will give you the lated FW in series C for ethernet processor.

Are you sure it is 1785L20E and not 1785L20/E?