Writing Values to Micrologix from Advanced HMI

khewes

hello all,
I was wondering if there were anyway to write values to my plc micrologix 1000 from the HMI using the advancedhmi software nad not my ladder logic?
For example, I want to set my timers to a specific time, and this time should be in the form of hrs:mm:ss. I would rather use advanced hmi math than ladder logic math because with an ML1000 my memory is very limited and thus every amount of space possible is very valuable.

Well, I don't know AdvancedHMI(but I'd be really surprised if it didn't work), but yes you should be able to do this.

Well, I don't know AdvancedHMI(but I'd be really surprised if it didn't work), but yes you should be able to do this.

I figured it out, the digital panel meter provides a keypad with the ability to enter integers. Now I would like to change this keypad from integers to hrs:mm:ss...any ideas further haha?

Well, You'll probably need to have 3 inputs, one for HH, one for mm, and one for ss. Then a little bit of scripting to slice/dice them and output the .pre value(with some boundary checking to make sure you don't overflow the .pre)

Might want to page Archie, or check the AdvancedHMI forums for more specific help w/ that one.

To be slightly more specific, If I were doing this in the software I use at work, I would likely use a string input and write to a memory tag, parse the input to break apart the time units, multiple the time units by the units for the Timer and then do my boundary checking. If that passed, I would then write the value into the .pre

thanks for the input, this is what ill do in the meantime but i would like to change the keypad so that its input is in hrs:mm:ss, then it outputs ss. The math is easy, but i cannot find where the keypad is being constructed to contain the buttons and their functions. i am a newbie programmer

One option might be to use a standard text box, a standard button, then use the driver in code to write the value. You'd do whatever conversion you need to do in code.

To write with the driver, you'd do something like this:

EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Write("TagName", "Value")

One option might be to use a standard text box, a standard button, then use the driver in code to write the value. You'd do whatever conversion you need to do in code.

To write with the driver, you'd do something like this:

EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Write("TagName", "Value")

Would i be writing in the driver or the standard button?

Would i be writing in the driver or the standard button?

You'd write in the standard button click event. And sorry, I referenced the incorrect driver, I think I got confused with another thread. It would be the SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom driver.

So if you double click the button that you added to your form, it will bring you to the code of the click event. Then: SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom.Write("N7:0", 123") will write the number 123, to N7:0. Of course you'd have to do some work coming up with the value you want.

You'd write in the standard button click event. And sorry, I referenced the incorrect driver, I think I got confused with another thread. It would be the SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom driver.

So if you double click the button that you added to your form, it will bring you to the code of the click event. Then: SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom.Write("N7:0", 123") will write the number 123, to N7:0. Of course you'd have to do some work coming up with the value you want.
Im just using 3 inputs, its not as pretty but it works and im running out of time. Thank you for all of your help! Ladder logic can be so clunky i need to get more into c and what not.