FactoryTalk View Application Erroeous Alarms

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I know you folks were kind enough to help with some PLC5 and Panelview Plus Alarms last week. I think I am narrowing it down a little bit thanks to you guys. We did a PanelView to PanelView Plus conversion last year that another technician did . Since then ,he left the company. I cannot find the previous old
Panelview application to compare the two. I took notice on their alarm screen
that they get a couple of alarms at the same time.......

1) 2:21:45 (seconds) Concent Carbon Wheel Failed to Stop
2) 2:21:45 (seconds) 257 ( Erroneous Fault )
3) 2:21:45 (seconds) 225 ( Erroneous Fault )
4) 2:21:45 (seconds) 49 ( Erroneous Fault )
5) 2:21:45 (seconds) TWR 3 Exhaust Damper Failed to Open

I took notice that all 5 have a trigger value of 1.
Trigger
1) Alarm 16
2) Alarm 17
3) Alarm 15
4) Alarm 4
5) Alarm 3

Could you explain how the trigger works in most cases. What if I change the Trigger value for 2) to 0 instead of 1 , 3) to 0 instead of 1 , and 4) to 0 instead of 1 . Would that return an error if I used a 0 in the Trigger Value ?

I just want to prevent them from showing up. There is not a bit associated with those erroneous faults. It just seems like they are allowed to "pass" thru somehow . Every fault that has a detailed description has a bit associated with it like N96:13/9 . All the 49 , 225 , 257 do not have any bits associated with it.

Also , in Alarm Setup , under Trigger Type , "Value" is selected. What would happen if I select 'Bit". It seems like I would want to be at the bit level.

Thanks so much for your help.