S7-1500 Profibus card

edda

Hi!

I´ve got a project where we have a S7-1516 CPU (we are using the DP inside of the main cabinet). Around the plant we have several distributed racks (operating via Profinet ET200MP). Now I need to create a new DP-Master subnet out from one of the distributed racks.

Is it possible placing a CM 1542-5 in one of the racks?

I tried importing one in the HW but it complains that there is no CPU in the rack.

Due the size of the plant i cant use my PB from the main cabinet without fiber.
Worst case I could use a PN/DP converter from HMS (Anybus) but I would prefer if there is any chance placing a card in the Siemens rack.

Best Regards

/e.

Siemens also has a PN/DP coupler that you could use, but DP (and PN) communication cards must be in the CPU main rack. I think you can use serial cards in remote racks, but I haven't tried recently.

Though I never worked with a 1500. If your are using an ST module you may want to try it with a HF one. You could also try a CP instead of a CM.

Realy dont know if that could work though but its worth a try.

edit.
Just checked it. As mk42 said it doesn't work.
IE/PB Link PN IO May work though its 300 form factor

Last edited:
If you see the attached photo, you can see that for an ET200MP station the communication modules available are only Serial comm cards.

The I-Device function of the S7 CPUs is very powerful and we use it often in such occasions.

Using the I-Device you can also make a S7-1200 a very cheap PN-IO device (if you dont need a lot of IOs) with minimal effort and coding.