Retrieving S7-1200 program

geir58

Hi all. I'm in a jam and need some advice..
I'm trying to retrieve the program from an S7-1200 PLC. We don't have a copy of the program or even printouts of the logic.
I purchased a copy of TIA portal V13 and unfortunately, it looks like the PLC was programmed with V11. Because of this, I can't upload the software. I've contacted Siemens and they are basically saying "this is a problem since we don't sell V11 anymore. Try to get a copy from someone to retrieve it, then convert up to V13".

I don't have anyone locally that would have a copy. I'll try the distributor I bought it from, but I'm not sure what to do if that falls through. Any suggestions?

Ouch. UK based, but we do have install media for a trial version of V11. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm back in the office...

Ring the distributor, and look up some Siemens shops near you?

I think you just need to create an account on the Siemens site and request a free license for export which will take a few days to be confirmed.