Putting a Leash on FactoryTalk?

JeremyM

Lifetime Supporting Member
G'Day,

I'm doing a code cleanup and tag reorganization for a system we just upgraded. In doing so, I'm migrating controller-scoped tags to program-scoped. In the interim, the original tags are left alone since a set of PanelViews reference them.

That said, when I attempt to change the name of a new program-scoped tag that I'm sure the HMIs aren't using, I get the attached error. I used to catch these errors frequently when using v21 Studio 5K and FTV 6.10, but never (until now!) with v28 and FTV 8.10. I thought Rockwell had made more nuanced tag management code, but apparently not. :confused:

Is there a way around this without the draconian "Go offline, edit the tags, download again" ?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG