RSLogix 5000 Fatal Error

spowell

Help! I have been using RSLogix 5000 on my laptop for over a year now (Version 20.01.00), and have recently installed RSLogix 500 on the same laptop. Since then, I have been having problems opening RSLogix 5000. I am getting a Fatal Error message (0x015000f). I attached an image of the actual pop-up I am receiving. One thing I should note is that I am not trying to open a program, I am just trying to open RSLogix 5000 from my Start Menu.

I tried going into my programs and repairing it, but I have not been able to find the installation file it is asking for.

Any help is appreciated!!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I don't have a answer what's going on, but I would recommend installing v20.04 if you have access and replace v20.01. v20.04 plays nice with 20.01 and 20.03 applications.

Welcome to the Forum!

Here is the official technote, including dmroeder's advice, and other suggestions...

186508 - RSLogix/Studio 5000: Fatal Error 0xc015000f during start up
Access Level: TechConnect

Although "Run as administrator" is most often the solution to this error; resetting the software by "holding down CTRL + SHIFT while starting is also worth a try first, and it's simpler to do.

If I had to place a wager here, it would be on "Run as administrator", but the fact that new software was installed may it have upset something like the .NET Framework v4 installation that RSLogix v20 requires. So their last solution could also be a possibility here.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
probably a wild goose chase idea:

I've had a LOT less problems like this one once I disabled the "Start Page" feature in Options ... PARTICULARLY when running more than one version of RSLogix5000 on the same laptop ...

Last edited:
Greetings George ...

I just thought that I'd mention it separately - since some interested readers might not have TechConnect access ...

You appended, not offended...

Fellow greetings...

Oh, I meant it as a thumbs up to you :)thumb:) as a good suggestion as an appendage to my/our posts, and not that you were repeating something already posted. >>> (y)

The Start Page feature, introduced at v16, is notorious for causing seemingly unrelated issues with the main software product. This is because the Start Page Media is played using Adobe Flash Player ActiveX and there are lots and lots of little "fun" bugs with Flash Player, that I would "love" to get into, but, well, you know yourself...

G.

Run as Admin - Works!

Thank you for your suggestions! I decided to try the easiest route first, and right clicked - Run as Admin. Worked on the first try.

It's odd that this just started acting up, but I am happy that it at least opens now.

Thank you!