IGS to Compactlogix L3

Bgardner

Hoping someone can help I have been trying to connect to a compactlogix PLC and IGS. I can get data for two reads and then I get bad quality and no more reads CIP Error = 0x00 Ext. Error = 00x0000.

As you have an old version of iFix I'm guessing that it did work at one time. What does that error your getting mean it appears rather cryptic?

What version of Logix ? Newer version allow you to set tag to No Access / Read Only / Read Write.

IGS is just rebranded Kepware OPC Server. You can try to set up another channel to the same PLC using default settings and see what happens.

Where exactly are you seeing these errors? Is it just limited to certain tags?

Did you ever find the solution to this? Having the same issue with IGS 7.5 and CompactLogix L33ER controller. Only 2 reads then nothing.